the jukebox


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

Sunday, March 8, 2009

No Day But Today


RENT was one of the most awesome experiences of my life. Being in LA and watching something like RENT really made my weekend. I just have to blog about it, I guess.

Not only was the show great, the people I watched it with were pretty cool too. Except that Avi kept on singing and talking through the first act. :P But yeah, nice conversations. Very productive evening.

ANYWAYS- I think that if you want to get the general idea of RENT, see the movie. The movie (directed by Chris Columbus, by the way) really captures the essence and themes of RENT. Not to mention, the actor's performances were spectacular. If you want to taste where RENT started and really feel what Jonathan Larson wanted you to feel you have to see the musical. I can see why it did so well.

Thank you, Jonathan Larson.

3 comments:

  1. I didnt sing. I stopped myself everytime -.-

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D jennie was talking about how awesome it was in spanish today!! XD
    AHHAA. was it that good?!
    i think it's cool that you found something that expresses an idea that really impacts you! :]

    ReplyDelete